Manual Lathe Operator-3rd Shift
Anderson International Corp Akron , OH
Position is located in Stow, OH
Anderson International is looking for a driven individual to join our growing team as a manual Lathe Operator. The position will be responsible for setting up and running the equipment to machine metallic workpieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and standard charts. Must have strong knowledge of machining methods and be able to read blueprints and job orders for specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions on holding devices, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.
- Positions and secures tools in holders, using wrenches.
- Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixture, using clamps and wrenches.
- Sets specified rotation speed, feed rate, and depth of cut, and positions tool in relation to workpiece.
- Starts machine, turns hand wheels to feed tool to workpiece, and engages feed.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant against tool and workpiece.
- Observes cutting action of machine to detect excessive wear or malfunction.
- Verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and fixed gauges.
- May scribe reference lines on workpiece, using scale, or template and scriber, to lay out interrelated surfaces, lengths, and depths of cut. * May compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- May set up tracing attachment that guides cutting tool to follow movement of tracing stylus along template to duplicate template profile on turned workpiece and be designated Tracing-Lathe Set-Up Operator. * May be required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material, product, level of precision, or size, type, or trade name of machine
- 3 years of experience operating a manual Lathes
- Ability to read blueprints, and use measuring instruments to determine conformance to specifications
- Motivated, accountable self-starter
- Strong communication skills
- Own tools
Education and Prior Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 year technical degree or related experience
- 2-3 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to follow simple written and verbal instructions * Good understanding of blueprint reading with regards to grinding diameters (ID &OD) surfaces, GD&T and simple shapes
- Must be able to adhere to specified tolerance and use simple measuring devices like micrometers an depth micrometers to measure the part
Wage: Based on experience
- Medical with 100% premium paid
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Promotes highly motivated team players
- Picnics, Parties and more...
Headquartered in Stow OH, Anderson international is the world leader in liquid/solid separation technology. We have been manufacturing and installing processing equipment since 1888 and service multiple industries including polymer/rubber, vegetable oil and pet feed. Our unique and talented team engineer, manufacture, distribute and service our products in more than 90 countries.