Estimator [Xactimate] / Reviewer (Team Leader)
Balance Authority, LLC Indianapolis, IN
Balance, LLC (http://balanceclaims.com/) is the premier outsourcing and consulting firm for contractors throughout North America who perform restoration and reconstruction work for residential or commercial property. We deliver industry leading value to Contractors derived from unmatched expertise in the specialized areas of: estimatics, supplements, invoicing, claims management, pictometry, business operations and liaising with insurance companies .
We are a rapidly growing startup that is aggressively expanding our talented production team in many areas. We seek an experienced Xactimate Estimator/ Reviewer that can help to lead our Estimating team as an Estimator and Team Leader.
- We offer a great pay plan that includes guaranteed weekly/bi-weekly pay plus an aggressive incentive & bonus plan.
- Our dynamic business is exciting and and offers significant potential for growth in your career and continuing education opportunities.
- Come join our growing team as we make a positive impact on the industry!
Below are the details of our Estimator/ Reviewer (Team Leader) position:
- Perform to completion, comprehensive Residential & Commercial Property Insurance Claim Estimates produced in Xactimate software. Specifically in Xactimate 28 (Cloud version)
- Document damage/losses and prepare written cost estimates using Xactimate software.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity with little direction. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Report directly to the EVP of Production
- Team Leaders: lead team of W2 & 1099 estimators. Providing workload distribution, coaching and feedback.
- Review/ scrub estimates for accuracy that are produced by Jr. Estimators.
- Keeps the client and the insured informed about the claims status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching.
- Meets time requirements of the client relationship and Balance internal deadlines.
- Work closely with Balance, LLC production team peers (supplementors, production coordinators, administration, leadership).
- Analyze multiple data points related to property damage documentation to produce and adjust property insurance claim estimates and then defend and/or supplement those claims to overage reconciliation with the Insurance Carrier for those property insurance claim.
- Keeping tabs on all projects at all times in order to make sure they do not get lost in the shuffle or get stale.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
- Utilize company systems and technology related to delivery of critical job function workflow: CRM, cloud file storage accounts, Xactimate, phone system, Client CRM systems, other contemporary business technology.
- Represent the Brand with the highest degree of professional standards
- Various Administrative tasks, relevant training and meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Xactimate property estimating experience required and must be current. Specifically for exterior damage. Comprehensive large loss experience preferred.
- 2+ years experience with knowledge of residential property & commercial claims, full adjustments and appraisal work a bonus.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- General computer skills
- Aggressive and proactive
- Excellent organization and time management skills
General Skills Required:
- Corporate Citizenship
- CRM Skills
- Excel Skills
- Word Skills
- Outlook Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Player with Leadership Capacity Skills
- Patience of Job
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic environment
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving